- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3-4 medium zucchini or summer squash
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- fresh basil and thyme, for serving
Preheat the oven to 425° F.
In a baking dish, toss together the tomatoes with the garlic, olive oil, wine, balsamic vinegar, thyme, and a pinch each of crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst.
Meanwhile, make the ravioli. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, peel the zucchini into 1/4 inch ribbons and lay them flat on a kitchen towel. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt. Let sit 5-10 minutes, then blot away the excess water.
In a bowl, combine the ricotta, provolone, and pesto. Grab 3-4 zucchini ribbons and layer them to make a star. Start with 1 ribbon, then add another to make an X. Now make another X with the remaining 1-2 noodles that will overlap with the current X (see above photo). Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling onto the center of the zucchini. Bring the ends of the zucchini together, laying them over the cheese. Repeat with remaining zucchini and filling.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven and lay the ravioli seam side down in the sauce. Drizzle the ravioli lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until the ravioli is warmed through. Serve with fresh basil and thyme. Enjoy!